£500.00 - £600.00 per day
3 days ago
Cedar have been engaged to support a Central Government department for an exciting, HOME-BASED, Interim Sourcing Manager position. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of up to £600 on offer and will run for 6 months with the potential to be extended.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE immediate availability for both an interview and start date in order to be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will be required to support with the following activities:
- Manage the Strategic Sourcing team to identify and progress new supply leads to secure additional volumes at pace
- Drive the overarching sourcing methodology to identify, progress and take leads to the stage that they are ready to be procured
- Work with the Demand Planner to ensure that sourcing is aligned to requirements
- Rapidly source new products to support the introduction of new technologies
- Work with the external team to pass product leads through the regulatory review and validations processes to enable a sourcing decision
- Coordinate with the Procurement Team to hand off viable leads for processing
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE experience covering:
- Strong experience in areas covering the Public Sector and in categories or industries covering i.e. Manufacturing, Distribution or Logistics
- MCIPS qualified or equivalent degree or experience
- Experience in management roles covering Procurement, Category, Sourcing or Commercial Management.
- Experience with running end to end OJEU procurements and using i.e. CCS, ESPO, YPO or other frameworks accessible to the Public Sector
- Strong stakeholder and supplier management skills - must be confident in the role to achieve value for money on budget allocated.