Kingston upon Thames
£15 - £18 per hour
20 days ago
Rent Arrears Officer | Kingston/Remote working | 3 Month Contract | £18ph Umbrella (Inside IR35)
I am currently recruiting for an urgent interim Rent Arrears Officer to join the team of a public sector organisation based in Kingston. This is to provide additional support whilst the permanent hire is recruited.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Finance Team Leaders and Rent Arrears Income Recovery Lead Officers with all aspects of debt recovery across the full range of services as appropriate in accordance with agreed recovery and debt collection policies.
The main duties of the role are:
- To act as a single point of contact for Suppliers, Service Users, and Internal and External Customers.
- To have the ability to learn/have specialist knowledge on the legislation, policy and guidelines for recovery enforcement for a wide range of debt types.
- Carrying out tasks associated with Housing rent collection including enforcement process.
- Liaising with customers and their representatives, External and Internal Stakeholders to effectively resolve enquires.
- Provide a service by efficiently resolving telephone enquiries.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- An ability to carry out financial assessments related to managing properties, manage rent accounts and maintain payments to landlords.
- Experience of carrying out all functions relating to the control and monitoring of rent arrears.
- Knowledge of tenancy/leasehold agreements, including rent and service charge arrears, nuisance and property misuse.
- Minimum of 2 years housing experience, either in the social housing sector or private rental market.
The successful candidate will be working remotely whilst current COVID-19 restrictions remain in place.