Interim Category Procurement Specialist
Public Sector Client
3 / 4-month contract with potential to extend
I am working with a well known, respected Public Sector client who are looking for an Interim Category Procurement Specialist within the HR & People category team. This role will work with procurement and wider divisional teams to identify commercial, tender and saving opportunities, manage those on clearly defined individual and teamwork plans and ensure activities are delivered in a timely manner.
- Responsible for carrying out high value, detail procurement requirements and develop appropriate evaluation methods are used. Analysing, comparing and assessments are carried out in the appropriate manner
- Monitoring procurement performance and ensure compliance, forward planning and maintain accurate records
- Ensure all areas of spend are analysed in order to identify where a member can influence cost savings initiative in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Planning and organisation of a broad range of complex activities and programmes, some of which are ongoing, which require the formulation and adjustment of plans or strategies
- Advise team members on procurement, client and tendering activities, as well as lean procurement, process efficiency and inventory management.
- Monitor purchasing trends both internally and externally, with the aid of market intelligence, to support strategies that optimise the Trust's ability to reduce costs.
- Educated to degree level within a related
- Extensive and thorough background within Procurement
- Knowledge of NHS commissioning and related policies and frameworks
- Proven experience in a Senior Management role within a procurement/ commercial environment