Worthing, West Sussex
£400 - £500 per day
9 months ago
My client is looking for an interim procurement manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of the procurement team. You will specialise in complex non-catalogue purchases looking after a high level of spend for bespoke services. Your role with be reporting in to the assistant director of procurement based in Worthing with occasion travel to Leatherhead
Key responsibilities will be:
- Support the implementation, development and on-going maintenance of the procurement and accounts payable modules of the Oracle system, ensuring the continuity of the procurement service and the realisation of benefits associated with the implementation of Oracle.
- To proactively identify areas where these policies and procedures can be improved in order to ensure the procurement service delivers value for money, compliance and a high-quality service to its customers.
- Develop and deliver savings programmes within the Procurement team, working with other departments where necessary
The successful candidate will be / have:
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent internal client engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Good communication skills, able to build and develop strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Proven experience of deploying strategic procurement strategies and processes that deliver real business value