Reporting into the Head of Procurement, your role responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop and implement a purchasing strategy across diverse revenue streams in line with customer goals and financial targets
- Manage a team of 2 Buyers, whilst fostering a culture of accountability, performance and continuous improvement.
- Establish relationships with the exciting team, design training programs and provide guidance on best practices
- Conduct value stream analysis, outlining improvement initiatives for the current team process
- Manage a spend of 25M of raw materials annually
- Review supplier contracts, assess supplier performance and negotiate improved rates
- Strategically review current vendor list, making rationalisations where necessary
This role is initially recruited on a day rate contract basis, but there is opportunity for the role to be extended or made permanent. We are ideally looking for someone with previous experience in a Procurement role within the manufacturing industry. MCIPS is highly desired but not required.