£350 - £400 per day
about 1 month ago
Pension Accounts Manager - initial 3 months
Our client is a fast-growing pension fund corporation based in the central London.
They are looking to recruit a high calibre technical Pension Accounts Manager to support them during their year end. This role will be WFH initially.
As a Pension Accounts Manager will be expected to hit the ground running and support them during their yearend 31st March.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the scheme ledger ensuring all entries
- Accountable for maintaining financial control of the Pension Fund
- Assist with the production of the scheme annual report and accounts.
- Liaison and support of the external auditors and internal auditors in their audits
- Monitoring of the General Account and approval of payments from the account
- Day to day ownership of the banking relationship for the pension fund ensuring banking issues are dealt with effectively
- Day to day ownership of the tax advisor relationship ensuring all tax relevant to the scheme is reclaimed where appropriate.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a timely basis and all reconciling items are investigated and cleared.
- Review and challenge of monthly financial reporting from difference areas ensuring all investment transactions are correctly recorded in the Scheme ledger
- Lead and Chair the monthly meeting between Finance and the Fund Administration team, ensuring the papers relevant and timely to facilitate review, discussion and approval of controls, accounts and issues.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with previous experience of working for a pension scheme or Asset Management. You will have experience working with extremely large budgets and have excellent communication skills.