Cedar are currently looking for a Management Accountant to join a media company based in Central London. This role will be on an interim basis for 18 months.
Salary £39,000- £57,000 per annum depending on experience.
Main duties include:
- Maintain accounting records accurately in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and in compliance with local tax and other regulatory requirements, and particularly in support of year end audit procedures.
- Nurture relationships with stakeholders around the business, to ensure the financial information being provided for their areas of responsibility is being understood and is appropriate for their needs.
- Produce and disseminate financial management information to stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner to support effective decision making.
- Engage with counterparts to ensure that intercompany transactions are appropriately recorded and working practices are consistent across the group, to give assurance that information can be correctly interpreted given the global nature of the business.
- In the role's areas of responsibility, develop a deep understanding of the business practices leading to the transactional data being produced in the finance system, in order to be able to answer queries on the financial impact of those business activities, for both management and audit purposes;
- Review work done by the Global Services team based in India and transfer further tasks to this team as appropriate;
- Support other teams (both within and outside of Finance) in their understanding of the resulting financial information;
- Implement improvements in processes and systems to deliver benefits in timeliness and accuracy.
- In coordination with the rest of the Management Accounts team, support the growth of the business by managing workloads and processes efficiently, using the resources of the Global Services team in India to maximise productivity.
Skills, qualifications & experience
- Working knowledge of double-entry accounting according to UK or US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards, or International Financial Reporting Standards. This can be demonstrated by two years of relevant experience in an accounting role, or by having passed at least the foundational level in a relevant accounting qualification (for example, CIMA Operational level, ACCA Diploma level, ICAEW CFAB, AAT Advanced Diploma, or an equivalent).
- Commitment to continuous self-improvement, demonstrated by a willingness to continue and complete studies in a professional-level accounting qualification.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (for example, ability to construct pivot tables, and formulae using SUMIF and VLOOKUP) and basic knowledge of using other Office applications such as Powerpoint and Word.
- An ability to effectively communicate ideas and explanations to colleagues and stakeholders, who may be non-Finance experts.
If this role is of interest, please apply online ASAP (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted).