A global EdTech organisation going through a considerable amount of change and transition is looking for a Financial Controller to take ownership of their International business units. This role will be to cover maternity for a 9 month period, starting at the beginning January 2024, based in West London 2-3 days a week. The role falls inside IR35 and is offering £650-£750 per day (Umbrella).
This role will take ownership and be responsible for the following:
Accounting: Manage accounting functions for the 4 international regions.
Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR): Supervise AP and AR processes, ensuring efficient and accurate transactions.
Sales Order Processing: Oversee sales order processing activities.
Taxation: Manage VAT returns and quarterly tax returns, and ensure compliance with tax regulations.
Treasury: Develop and maintain cash flow forecasting models.
Audit: Coordinate US GAAP audit (consolidated) and statutory IFRS audit for 19 entities, starting in June and concluding in September. Ensure year-end and half-year financial reporting is accurate and completed on time.
ERP Systems: Manage financial processes within two ERP systems, Sage and Netsuite.
Projects: Continue to assist with the integration of the international business units, promoting best practice and processes across finance
Team Management: Manage a team of 5 direct reports and total team of 27.
Key candidate requirements:
- Qualified Accountant - preferably ACA with audit training
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS / US GAAP
- Demonstrable financial control experience in an international environment
- Proven track record of scaling the accounting function
- Significant team management experience
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of month-end close procedures
- Results-oriented leader, with strong accountability and adherence to deadlines
- Ability to multitask and prioritise with strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and inquisitive - can turn thoughts into action
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills with a process mindset/continuous improvement mentality
- Experience with developing, implementing, and executing effective internal controls
- Comfortable in constantly changing, fast packed working environment
- Strong systems knowledge - Sage/Netsuite would be advantageous
The interview process will consist of two stages and will take place over the next couple of weeks.
The start date of this role will be 2nd January 2024 - applicants must be able to commit to this time frame.