The Cedar Change & Transformation team have partner with a London based local authority, recruiting for an Interim Head of PMO for a 12 month period.
As the Head of PMO, you will ensure that a robust, high quality and consistent delivery is achieved to program and project management across the organisation.
Ensuring the appropriate best practice is at the heart of everything you do, you will be leading a team of programme and project managers across multiple diverse projects.
You will be reporting to the Assistant Director and you will be highly visible across the business. To be effective in this role you will need to draw on your high level of stakeholder and business partnering experience to ensure you build trusted partnerships to win hearts and minds.
- Own and continually evolve and develop, in line with best practice, a corporate framework for project and programme management that is effective across all the diverse projects and programmes that the organisation delivers.
- Manage a digital project and programme reporting approach that provides the right information in the right format to different stakeholders at the time they need it using a collect once use many times approach.
- Ensure that benefits and outcomes are identified, measured and tracked throughout each project and programme lifecycle including once the change has been delivered and where realisation will take place as part of BAU operations working with benefit owners.
- Develop and deliver a resourcing strategy for the portfolio of corporate projects and programmes that makes sure the right resource is deployed in the right place at the right time taking a consistent approach to creating matrix teams that deliver results.
- Provide a point of advice and expertise to all programme and project delivery roles across the organisation, coaching and developing colleagues to deliver in a consistent and high-quality way.
- Manage a quality assurance approach across the full project / programme management lifecycle for all corporate projects / programmes to provide regular updates to senior stakeholders to both provide assurance and highlight issues that need to be addressed.
You are going to be busy as there is a lot to do in this role!
Taking the initiative, being super focused, effective and efficient and using data to help guide decisions is paramount.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive leadership experience as a Head of PMO from a public sector environment
- Be an expert stakeholder with the ability to deliver complex programs
- First class influencing and communications skills across a broad range of stakeholders
- Previous experience delivering transformation, digital, capital and regeneration projects
- Highly skilled at planning and the ability to allocate resource whilst maintaining focus on project delivery
- Qualified in Prince 2 or equivalent