£450.00 - £550.00 per day
3 days ago
Cedar have been engaged to support a Central Government department for an exciting, HOME-BASED, Interim Head of Operations - Procurement & Supply Chain position. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of up to £550 on offer and will run for 6 months with the potential to be extended.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE immediate availability for both an interview and start date in order to be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will report into the Deputy Director and will be required to:
- Lead the operational teams (Procurement & Supply, Quality & Inbound Logistics, Allocations & Customer Services) in a hands-on management role
- Drive performance and process improvement to ensure team effectiveness
- Process and deliver the winter plan and mass testing scale up in coordination with suppliers (e.g. procurement through to inbound / outbound delivery)
- Embed quality management strategy and assurance processes to ensure that all products supplied to the programme are
- Closely manage operational and overarching risks to ensure continuous supply of products to the programme
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure performance against contracts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across the programme and act as a point of escalation for risks / issues within the team
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE experience covering:
- Experience in a similar role managing Procurement & Supply Chain operations in either the Public Sector or in a Manufacturing or Logistics business