Cedar Recruitment are supporting a Local Authority in East London who are looking for an Interim Head of Commissioning. This role will run for 12-18 months and will operate on a hybrid basis with 2-3 days per week in the office (depending on meetings etc.) with the remaining days working from home. This role will operate INSIDE IR35 with a day rate range of £500 up to £600 on offer.
The successful candidate will report in to the Assistant Director of Integrated Commissioning and will lead on integrated commissioning and market development for a defined client group(s) priority area, ensuring that commissioned services meet all statutory, professional and legislative requirements, and that agreed commissioning priorities are achieved. You will also be responsible for the delivery of relevant assurance targets as outlined by NHSE, ICB and the Council's commissioning priorities and the annual Operating Plan. The successful candidate will also be required to lead and manage a team of Commissioning Managers and Commissioning & Supplier Relations Officers.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE:
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective commissioning strategies and plans in a health and social care context to secure improvements outcomes, efficiencies and value for money - knowledge of the key issues facing Local Government is required also
- Proven experience of successfully managing developing and managing external partnerships, carrying out effective commercial negotiations and managing provider markets
- Deep understanding of and experience in working with the defined client group(s), including the issues affecting service users, carers and families, legislative and policy drivers, good practice and innovation
- Relevant experience within a large organisation delivering similar services, with evidence of specialist knowledge and work responsibilities appropriate to the role
- Ability to communicate effectively using a wide variety of media and methodologies, including written, oral and visual means of communication
- Significant experience of working closely with, advising and influencing members, senior officers and stakeholders
- Excellent leader and manager of people, with the ability to mobilise resources effectively and motivate others to deliver on objectives
- Experience of successfully delivering programmes or projects