City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum + 10% Bonus & Discount Healthcare
5 months ago
Cedar are currently recruiting for an Interim Global Financial Accountant for a 15month FTC at a global private healthcare business based in central London.
The successful candidate will be a 'hands on' focused qualified accountant with extensive reporting exposure of the balance sheet and profit & loss accounts. The reporting will be mostly for the UK but with some involving foreign entities.
Job Title: Global Financial Accountant
Job Holder: Maternity Cover contract
Reports to: Financial Controller
To provide key financial and management accounting support to the Financial Controller. Primarily to maintain a full suite of multi-entity accounting records, and support the timely production of management and other financial reporting. To maintain key balance sheet reconciliations and other regular accounting duties and reporting as required. This role works alongside two other Financial Accountants and the job description and tasks are shared as this is a varied role where all elements of financial accounting and controlling are conducted for the UK entities and other Group entities based in Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Germany and Bermuda. Further opportunities are on the horizon for expansion into other markets where financial accounting tasks will need to be taken care of too.
▪Assist in timely and accurate preparation of monthly statutory accounts, and other financial reporting, both internal, external and for Group reporting as required.
▪Prepare inputs to Group consolidation reporting, liaising with all other group company finance teams as necessary.
▪Key role in assisting with the annual statutory external audit, liaising with auditors to meet reporting obligations.
▪Carry out key general accounting duties, and day-to-day accounting tasks and ensure financial ledgers are kept up to date and all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly. Timely preparation and processing of month end Journals and other month-end accounting needs.
▪Assist in detailed accrual and prepayment accounting.
▪Preparation of key balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis i.e. debtors, creditors, and other control accounts as required.
▪Responsible for ensuring various expense recharges and allocations are carried out and appropriate control accounts are reconciled monthly within the stipulated time limits.
▪Reconcile intercompany accounts and ensure matrix of spend is analysed and reported on quarterly.
▪Preparation of company's cash flow forecasts, working with credit control on reviewing debtors, customer overdues and terms, as well as an oversight of accounts payable terms and payments needed.
▪Ensure the bank reconciliations are carried out with no open items older than 60 days.
▪Preparations of quarterly VAT returns, EC sales lists, monthly Intrastat reports. Ad hoc national statistics reporting.
▪ Reviewing and co-signing payment runs, patient reimbursements, internal cash transfers etc and ensure that all the checks and reconciliations are carried out to ensure full compliance with internal control procedures.
▪ Prepare corporation tax schedules and provisions for the annual audit and year-end requirements.
▪ Initial improvement of accounting and patient admin system, NetSuite and Lumeon, followed by continues improvement initiatives of system processes, procedures and controls for efficiency improvements where appropriate.
▪ An element of system admin work to be carried out.
▪ General ad hoc financial accounting tasks and duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Drive and self-motivation, the ability to get on with tasks at hand without supervision.
- A team player, necessary in a small to medium sized Company environment.
- Effective communication skills, and the ability to work well with others at all levels, including senior management.
- The ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines.
- Strong eye for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, engaging personality, with desire to learn and grow personally and professionally in a growing SME environment.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA), with at least 3 years post qualified experience working in a finance team.
- UK VAT and tax experience.
- Sound technical accounting skills and knowledge of accounting practices and standard.
- Experience of working in an FMCG environment is preferable, or an industry with tangible stocks.
- Experience of working in a small finance team, therefore able to apply a hands-on approach to getting involved in all aspects of financial accounting.
- MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is essential with intermediate level a necessity.
- Multi-system experience would be preferable and NetSuite experience advantageous.