Cedar are recruiting an Interim Financial Controller to join a leading hospitality business based in London, renowned for our exceptional service and high-quality offerings. As they embark on an exciting phase of growth, including the acquisition of a new business, we are seeking an experienced Interim Head of Finance to join their team.
This role will involve overseeing day-to-day financial operations, managing a junior team, and providing strategic financial guidance during this transitional period. The length of this role is 6 months and paying between £400 - £450 a day inside IR35.
- Provide financial expertise and analysis during the acquisition process, working closely with senior management and stakeholders.
- Conduct due diligence, assess financial risks, and contribute to the development of financial models to support the decision-making process.
- Collaborate with legal and accounting teams to ensure a smooth and successful integration of the acquired business.
Day-to-Day Financial Operations:
- Oversee all aspects of financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger management.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial transactions, adhering to accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor cash flow, manage banking relationships, and optimise working capital management.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Develop and implement financial forecasting and budgeting processes to support strategic decision-making.
- Analyse financial data, identify trends, and provide insightful recommendations for improving financial performance and cost efficiency.
- Conduct regular variance analysis to assess actual performance against budgets and forecasts.
- Support senior management in evaluating new business opportunities, pricing strategies, and profitability analysis.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations, accounting standards, and internal policies.
- Implement and maintain effective internal control systems to safeguard assets and mitigate financial risks.
- Coordinate with external auditors and oversee the preparation of financial statements for audit purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is highly desirable.
- Proven experience as a Head of Finance or a similar leadership role within the hospitality industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial management principles, accounting standards, and financial reporting.
- Experience with acquisitions and integration processes is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office suite. Experience with ERP systems is a plus.