£60000 - £65000 per annum
16 days ago
Our client is a well-known international digital media group based in Central London.
This digital media group is now looking to recruit a high calibre Financial Accountant for a 12month FTC. This role will involve dealing with a multitude of key stakeholders from around the world in different offices and across many departments.
The project-based role, to investigate and improve processes & reporting; including, but not limited to:
- Working with the internal audit team and ensuring compliance with the relevant SOX controls across the whole of the company
- Calculating and posting monthly journals
- Preparing accurate and fully supported balance sheet reconciliations (Fixed Assets, Intangibles, Prepayments etc)
- Investigating variances and correcting errors where necessary,
- Identifying areas for improvement and streamlining processes
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports for the company owners, monthly and quarterly
- Providing technical IFRS advice/assistance to the finance team where required and to assess and account for any impact following changes to reporting standards for both UK and US GAAP
- Ad-hoc duties may include improving control processes
The successful candidate will be a 'hands on' qualified accountant with proven experience of operating in a fast-paced environment. You will be comfortable dealing with the complexity of multiple reports and working to tight deadlines. Prior experience of working within media would be highly desirable.