A local housing authority is looking for a Finance Manager to join them on an interim basis for 6 months, paying £300-£350 per day inside IR35.
Key role responsibilities:
- Ownership of planning and organising the performance of the accounting teams
- To lead on the preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans
- Responsible for budget monitoring (delegated, capital and core budgets)
- To ensure that key reconciliations such as the bank account, payroll and VAT are undertaken on a monthly basis and documented accordingly.
- To ensure that financial statutory corporate responsibilities are properly undertaken especially with regards to financial accounts, VAT and Companies House Returns.
Key candidate requirements:
- Qualified accountant - ACA / ACCA /CIMA
- Significant FP&A experience
- Strong management accounting/month end experience
- Experience managing a team
- Public sector/Local Government experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with internal/external audit on implementation of financial recommendations
- Hands on approach