Cedar are recruiting an Interim Finance Analyst to join a leading hospitality business based in London. This role will focus on key areas such as KPI setting, cost analysis, and variances against budget to support informed decision-making and optimise financial performance.
The length of this role is 6 months and paying between £400 - £450 a day inside IR35.
KPI Setting and Analysis:
- Collaborate with senior management to identify and define key performance indicators (KPIs) for various departments and business units.
- Develop and implement reporting mechanisms to track and analyse KPIs on a regular basis.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations based on KPI analysis to drive operational efficiency and financial performance improvement.
Cost Analysis and Optimisation:
- Conduct in-depth cost analysis to identify areas of potential savings and efficiency improvements.
- Analyse and monitor cost drivers, variances, and trends against budgeted targets.
- Collaborate with department heads to develop and implement cost control initiatives and monitor their effectiveness.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and periodic forecasting processes.
- Collaborate with department heads to gather inputs, review assumptions, and ensure accuracy and completeness of financial projections.
- Analyse budget vs. actual performance, investigating and explaining significant variances.
Financial Reporting and Presentation:
- Prepare and distribute accurate and timely financial reports, including monthly management reports and dashboards.
- Summarise and present financial information to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualification
- Proven experience as a Financial Analyst, preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Proficiency in cost analysis, variance analysis, and KPI tracking.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey financial information to non-financial stakeholders.