Cedar are supporting a Local Authority in the West Midlands who are looking for an Interim Category Manager to support their Adult Social Care Services. This role is on a 6 month contract and is INSIDE IR35 with a rate up to £500 per day on offer. This role will also be predominantly home based but you may be required to be in the office the odd 1-2 days max. per month for key meetings.
- The Interim Category Manager will be responsible for the management and procurement of a range of services within a defined portfolio. Services will be across the full range of Adult Social Care including specialist areas of Mental Health, Older People and Learning Disability.
- The Interim Category Manager will take lead responsibility for the ongoing performance management of services and tendering / re-tendering processes for their portfolio of services and hold robust audit trails in compliance with the Councils Standing Financial Instructions and Contract Procedures. The Interim Category Manager will work closely with colleagues within the Directorate to ensure services sourced reflect what is required to deliver the commissioning aims and objectives.
- The Interim Category Manager will manage relationships with providers and lead in the resolution of all contract-related queries relating to their portfolio, managing non-compliance and performance management issues to resolution. This will involve the evaluation of adherence to contract by service providers, with reference to Quality Specifications, national and local policy across both adult social care and public health.
- The Interim Category Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant orders and receipting are completed for the services within their portfolio and manage service finances to ensure contracts deliver within agreed budgets.
- The Interim Category Manager will be responsible for market development activity to ensure a good understanding of markets, and work with providers to ensure there is a strong vibrant market in the best position to respond to business opportunities representing our future needs.
- Strong background working in similar role's in the UK Public Sector covering Procurement, Supply Chain, Commissioning, Commercial or Contract Management
- Experience running end to end Procurements in the Public Sector ensuring compliance with PCR2015 and achieving VfM
- Understanding of Adult Social Care and/or Public Health is required
- MCIPS qualified would be beneficial but is not required