Cedar has partnered with a world-class visitor attraction based in London. They are urgently searching for an experienced Interim Accountant to drive financial process improvements, on an initial 3-6-month contract.
Salary: £200 - £220 a day (£258 Umbrella)
Location: London (2/3 office days)
Start date: ASAP
- Work with colleagues across the Finance team and contribute to the improvement of the department's service levels.
- Review, design, develop and implement new guidance and training modules
- Ensure training delivery is sustainable and content is as user friendly and engaging as possible.
- Proactively find ways to build understanding and capability in financial management
- Work with managers across the finance team to review and improve finance processes
- Lead on the gathering of finance requirements / act as the subject matter expert for systems, projects and operations
- Supporting non-finance staff with their understanding; take a partnership approach, working with them to understand needs and challenges, identifying ways to support the improvement and delivery of solutions.
- Support the Finance Systems Administrator with the planning and prioritisation for the development of the financial systems, including documenting, monitoring and resolving the issues list.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Manager to define the requirements / approach to meeting a wide range of user reporting needs and identify relevant non-financial KPIs that would aid understanding of the financial reports.
Essential Skills (MUST HAVE ALL LISTED):
- Part-qualified/QBE Accountant with a minimum of 3 years' experience of working in a finance systems team / finance department.
- Experience of creating and delivering finance training for non-finance staff.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand complex information and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in analysing, redesigning and documenting procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience in maintaining finance systems, the Chart of Accounts and key financial controls
- Demonstrable knowledge of information / records management, data protection and confidentiality issues
- Knowledge of VAT and HMRC rules.
- Experience in commercial sectors e.g., retail, consultancy or visitor attraction.
- Experience using other Microsoft applications/tools e.g. PowerQuery, PowerPivot, Forms / VBA/Macro skills.
- Experience in the implementation of a new finance system, upgrade or similar project
- Experience using Access Dimensions and FocalPoint
- Experience of creating and maintaining financial and audit reports using reporting tools such as Power BI, Crystal or SSRS.
Please note that you need to be immediately available or on less than a two-week notice period. If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP!
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.