£85000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
3 months ago
A dynamic and commercially minded Indirect Tax Manager and VAT expert is required for an incredibly fast growing and exciting brand that has taken the market by storm. This is a newly created role within an environment this is establishing operations from scratch across Europe and is embarking on an aggressive growth trajectory.
This is an integral role within the Tax function, providing indirect tax knowledge and application, taking responsibility for managing all VAT tax matters, and providing technical support, whilst ensuring compliance across the EMEA region for the group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Full ownership of VAT compliance for the EMEA region
- Delivering monthly reconciliations and reporting
- Preparing and producing VAT Returns across all EMEA entities
- Delivering process and systems improvements
- Identifying and ensuring VAT legislative changes and standards are closely reviewed and adopted as appropriate, in a timely manner
- Managing relationships with external VAT advisors
- Proactively advise and support on all VAT taxation matters
The successful candidate will be a hands-on qualified accountant or tax professional (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CTA, ATT or equivalent), with a strong understanding of indirect regulations and reporting requirements. Prior experience of working in complex environments and managing an international group's VAT compliance will be essential. Previous exposure to a high volume / low margin product environment would be highly advantageous.
With outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and cross-functionally. You will possess the visible credibility and gravitas to challenge and influence and will thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.