ROLE: Indirect Tax Supervisor/Manager
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000
An exciting role working REMOTELY for the world's largest education group has come to the market. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with some in-house experience OR candidates in practice looking to make a move in-house to be part of a motivated, international team.
As the Indirect Tax Supervisor/Manager, you will support the Head of Group Tax in partnering with local business units, will focus on ensuring indirect tax requirements are met and ensure that the groups tax policies and procedures are followed. This is a new role within the organisation and represents a great opportunity for a technically strong indirect tax professional with excellent people skills.
- Supervising the preparation of and reviewing VAT returns and overseas sales tax returns whilst also providing technical and VAT accounting advice to business units (including those with predominantly exempt supplies) to ensure VAT savings are made where available.
- Monitor, review, and update VAT recovery and HMRC agreed queries across the group as well as working with business units to update MTD compliant VAT procedures, coding, and systems.
- Providing technical advice regarding how tax legislation may apply to the businesses and where there may be exposure to risk.
- Create and maintain an organised archive of tax documentation including tax advice received over time, an inventory of related party agreements and a register of identified potential tax risks.
- Oversight of a group tax calendar ensuring deadlines are adhered to and businesses supported.
Along with being ATT or CTA qualified (desirable), success in the role will require strong technical knowledge of indirect tax, together with a growth mindset and willingness to learn and develop within the role. Effective relationship building and management skills will also be essential to promote tax within the businesses and to work alongside various internal and external stakeholders.
Whilst being able to work remotely, the client can also offer:
- Pension scheme
- Holiday package
- Defined development plan to grow your career.
Please send your CV for consideration. Or for more information, please contact me on or on 07562514078.