ROLE: In-House VAT Manager
SALARY: £60,000 - £75,000 (& 10-15% bonus)
LOCATION: London (Hybrid - Min. 2-3 days per week in the Office)
An exciting role working for a global fintech business in London with a recognisable brand presence has come to the market. Due to their plans to increase headcount in tax this year, this is an excellent opportunity for candidates with some in-house experience OR candidates in practice looking to make their first move in-house.
As the VAT Manager, you will be required to support the growing portfolio of businesses due to the pipeline of acquisitions expected to close in the foreseeable future. Along with such project-based work, you will also take responsibility for the preparation of the VAT filings across the UK business and support the new acquired entities to integrate into the group's business structure; thus, demonstrating that this role is highly commercial & provides you the breadth of experience and exposure to develop.
- Review the VAT implications of the group corporate structure and advise accordingly on matters such as VAT grouping, partial exemption methodology & VAT recoveries / costs. This will also include working with finance colleagues on ad-hoc projects (Capital Good Scheme, PESM) and advising business partners and the Finance team on VAT technical queries and implementing VAT initiatives.
- Proactively manage the VAT compliance process and ensure compliance with VAT legislation, whilst assessing VAT implications on overseas transactions & processes.
- Investigate the business implications of new and revised VAT legislation and advise on the implications and application.
- Maintain documentation relating to VAT processes and systems, keeping those under regular review and periodically testing effectiveness and efficiency. This includes regular risk assessment reviews.
- Liaising with newly acquired business partners to integrate into the Group alongside liaising with external advisers and HMRC.
The ideal candidate will have several years' experience in an Indirect Tax role and will ideally be CTA, ACA, or ACCA qualified. The client would welcome candidates from practice or industry.
Along with a hybrid working model, the clients' benefits include but are not limited to:
- 10-15% bonus
- 32 days holidays & the option to buy & sell.
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance (6x your annual salary)
Please get in touch on 07562514078 OR for more information.