Our forward thinking entrepreneurial media/tech company are looking for a solutions focused, proactive HR Business Partner who is used to working in 360 role in a HR generalist capacity. This is a new role within the HR department and as such they are looking for a pro-active and talented individual to act as the trusted local HR Representative at the Technical Hub in South Wales.
As well as the first point of contact for the Wales Branch (largest branch across the company) you will be working alongside the HR Manager and UK team to build people capability, plan and manage talent, and develop an approach that achieves the company's business priorities and core objectives.
The company is growing at a rapid pace, therefore require a Business Partner who embraces change and can move at pace. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop every aspect of their HR career, wants to make a real difference and deliver change.
Whilst your key focus will be the South Wales Technical Hub they have employees across the globe including America, Japan, China, Australia and multiple European locations, so there will be the opportunity to work on key international projects as well as supporting and developing the teams at these locations.
You will be the go-to person for all HR matters on this site and act as an advisor to the leadership team and the organisation.
Please note that this role will require 2 days a week in the office with flex around days etc.
- Meeting key stakeholders to identify, discuss and address HR challenges.
- Providing guidance on HR practices such as retention, engagement, well-being and succession planning.
- Acting as the first point of contact for employee relation cases and general queries within the Wales branch; resolving them in a sensitive, timely and accurate manner.
- Managing staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have ensuring expectations are managed.
- Working with hiring managers to drive cost effective recruitment practices, from drafting job descriptions and attracting the right calibre of candidate to screening, interviewing and supporting the appointment of the best candidates
- Delivering plans for longer term recruitment and development as well as training, coaching and helping line managers implement them effectively.
- Coaching line managers on ways to lead effectively and manage their teams to deliver business results.
- Analysing human resource metrics and delivering valuable reports that provide business insights.
- Bringing HR expertise and developing solutions to drive the HR Strategy.
- Influencing and building relationships with people within the business.
- Working closely as part of the HR team to ensure processes and procedures are aligned.
- Ad-hoc HR Projects such as developing improved approaches to appraisals, company objective cascades, recruitment campaigns, office relocation etc
Other areas -
- You will be a broad/generalist with knowledge of all HR specialisms
- Previous proven experience as a HR Coordinator & HR Advisor role
- Experience in dealing with HR contracts and administration across the business
- Experience in being the go to person for all HR matters
- CIPD qualified or working towards
- Ability to build effective relationships with all site-based employees at all levels
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex and technical information with clarity.
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including peers and superiors
- Strong ability to work flexibly, managing changing and competing priorities
- Highly adept in using MS Office programs, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must be able to produce mail merge documents