South West London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is a well known Media brand who are currently looking for a Head of Transactional Finance to join their team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Finance Director and overseeing a team of 14 with 3 direct reports, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of AP, AR and Cash Management for the business.
- Manage and develop AR and AP team members to include objective setting, appraisals, training and performance management
- Support any required preparation of information for external reporting such as audit processes, payment practices reports
- Ensure all bank AP, and AR related accounts are fully reconciled and reviewed in accordance with the finance calendar. Ensure any remedial actions or investigations occur in a timely fashion to resolution
- Ensure a robust internal controls process is in operation across systems, processes and team practices
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities in a timely fashion
- Work to support the implementation of purchase orders across the organisation in 2020. This will include reviewing current system capabilities, internal training requirements and a focussed review process for accuracy as this is embedded
- Recommend/develop relevant set of KPI's to benchmark team performance against (AP, AR, cash management), and manage/report against these once agreed
- Ensure strong cash management processes are in place across the teams
- Management and resolution of all aged AR and AP
- Ensure all payments to suppliers, including cheques, BACs, manual cheques, standing orders , direct debits are managed according to terms
- Ensure accuracy of supplier data in the system
- Ensure ledgers are up to date and accurate
- Provide clear and accurate reports each month on aging, issues and results against KPI's
- Ensure team manage company expenses in accordance with stated policy
- Review payment run proposals pre sign-off by FD
- Liaise with the Head of Financial Control to ensure weekly cashflow updates are accurate and understood, and to understand the cashflow position, both short and long term to ensure working capital is managed in an efficient manner
- Review usage of systems to ensure they are being used in a standardised, effective manner.
You will be an experienced Transactional manager who has previously been responsible for large teams and has a demonstrable track record in process improvement and implementation. This is a fast paced and demanding role so you will need the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities with a high degree of accuracy.
If you are interested, please apply asap as the client is looking to appoint as soon as possible.