City of London, London
£60000 - £80000 per annum
22 days ago
We would love to talk to you if you:
- Have a graduate degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, business management, logistics or related field.
- Have 5+ years of experience in supply chain, logistics or procurement efforts of innovative technology products, ideally including with Far East suppliers;
- Are analytical, goal-orientated, and ROI-focused, and understand what it takes to develop effective relationships with suppliers and other partners to bring quality products into full production.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Selecting suppliers and contract manufacturers that give the company a competitive supply chain for its products;
- Devising supply chain strategies for the most cost-effective product differentiation;
- Managing pilot production and rapid production scale-up of new products;
- Leading value engineering initiatives to optimize competitiveness of the companys products;
- Establishing performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain;
- Developing and maintaining detailed and optimal inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory;
- Developing policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implementing subsequent changes to processes;
- Identifying optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution;
- Collaborating with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain;
- Negotiating prices for raw material, components and assembly with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies; and
- Monitoring the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifying and qualifying new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.