£40000 - £60000 per annum + working from home/flex working
27 days ago
Our award winning automotive/video electronics organisation are looking for a Head of Quality & Compliance to join their rapidly growing team. You will be a forward thinking individual with the ability to communicate at all levels. You will ensure that existing products are compliant with the current certification requirements in order to be distributed and sold within the automotive and consumer markets, both in the U.K and globally, directly, and via Automotive OEM's). You will advise on any new compliance and standards and ensure that they are used for certification before becoming mandatory and implement specific new standards within the company or products as required. You will ideally be from an automotive background and have worked with global certifications/standards and compliance.
- Ensure that existing products are compliant and certified against current standards (Europe and USA), and potential new markets, such as Australia and New Zealand.
- Experience in Quality Systems and Quality Management Processes
- Maintaining ISO 9001 and 14001 Company certification
- Bluetooth Sig continued membership and compliance (by product testing) is required for those Bluetooth enabled products.
- Wi-Fi compliance by product testing is required for all Wi-Fi enabled products.
- MFI (Made for iPhone) compliance by product testing is required
- VCA compliance - requirement for any product that is hardwired to a vehicle in EU
- Compliance of competitor products
- Health and Safety: to ensure that the organisation is compliant with all existing Health and Safety training
- Carry out risk assessments in a timely manner and arrange for any remedial action to be carried out as required
- Must be fully aware of the implications of Brexit and advise senior stakeholders on how to manage compliance through this
- Additional certification / requirements may become prevalent at any time and will require advice and guidance of the Compliance Manager
- Travel will be required in order to attend laboratory testing, factory audits, training seminars as required on an ad-hoc basis
*This role will be working on site at the Cardiff offices with wfh also