Cedar are currently supporting a Public Sector client who are looking for a Head of Procurement Services. This is a permanent opportunity that will be a mixture of home and office based (various locations throughout the UK) with a salary of up to £115,000 on offer plus £6,600 car allowance, 10% bonus and additional benefits.
The successful candidate will be required to support the following:
- Strategy Development - leading development of operational capability across teams with a focus on Category Management and use of technology to drive efficiencies and improvement outcomes, input into and implement improved service delivery, savings and value add projects and identify areas of innovation and drive forward change at pace
- Operations - enable all operations to maximise use of eCommerce technology to deliver existing operations and services, drive automation and innovation in the Procurement process through use of eProcurement systems, spearhead cross-business sourcing initiatives to drive collaboration across units and identify opportunities for savings and increased efficiency. Lead continuous improvement, best value and quality improvements within departments and challenge existing practices to seek better outcome along with ensuring key performance and financial targets are met.
- Leadership & Management - lead, develop and motivate cross-functional procurement teams, keep up to date with relevant industry/regulation/law etc. and ensure a positive and motivating working culture along with developing succession plans to sustain growth.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE:
- experience working in the UK Public Sector in a similar role i.e. Head of Procurement or Procurement Director level
- MCIPS qualified is essential
- overall around 10 years' experience in a Procurement and Supply Chain related position