South East London
Competitive salary offered
4 months ago
Cedar are looking for a commercial leader in this forward thinking and innovative public sector organisation, you will develop and deploy commercial procurement best practice and maximise the value of a centralised corporate procurement function. You will have overall responsibility for commercial procurement across categories such as infrastructure, IT, transport and waste along with other areas of indirect spend. You will be comfortable leading a team of commercial procurement professionals in providing expert advice not only to internal stakeholders, but to senior politicians and officers, representing the organisation on all commercial and procurement matters. You will lead on all contract management and procurement, developing and embedding the overarching business plan into the vision and delivery of the corporate agenda and objectives. Demonstratable experience in directing a dynamic commercial procurement function through inspirational leadership is essential for this role, you will encourage development and progression in your team through creation and monitoring of bespoke development plans, promoting continuous personal development and organic growth.
- Extensive experience and successful track record leading a commercial procurement function in a diverse range of categories (high risk, high value and complex spend)
- Expert knowledge of procurement and contract management frameworks in the Public Sector
- Lead assurance of complex and high value procurements and contracts.
- CAPEX category knowledge, but a broad indirect category exposure
- Experience of working with multiple and disparate stakeholders.
- Understanding of procurement and contract management principles and how these are applied within the Public Sector
- Experience and proven success developing commercial procurement people.
- Experience of leading and influencing at a senior level.
- MCIPS qualified