West London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum
6 days ago
My client is seeking a Head of Procurement to head up the procurement function for an award-winning housing association. The successful candidate will play a key role in driving value for the business, by setting up an effective procurement strategy.
This is a great opportunity for someone in a Procurement Manager position who is looking for a step up in their career, or even for a Head of Procurement to continue to develop their experience as part of a strategic organisation. The appionted candidate will work with the organisation as a whole and identify opportunities for improvement to the business.
The individual should have proven experience in leading procurement projects across a variety of sectors and possess the following skills:
- Management experience: You will have 1 direct report (Procurement Manager)
- Build and maintain influential relationships with key stakeholders;
- Assist in the successful delivery of the procurement plan;
- Develop robust contracts that are fit for purpose and protect the organisation from risk as far as is reasonably practicable;
- Support contract managers to ensure the performance of procured contracts;
You will have the following:
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Public sector background
- Ability to run the end to end tender process
- Proven commercial acumen, energetic and forward-thinking individual
- Ability to conduct market reviews of various categories of spend
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to engage and advise senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of Procurement concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Experienced in all Microsoft packages