Cedar are supporting a Public Sector client, who are an Arms-Length Management Organisation (ALMO) based in East Midlands, who are looking to hire a Head of Procurement. This is a permanent position offering a salary up to £60,000 per annum plus a range of benefits which includes 28 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Local Government Pension Scheme and more. This role will operate on a hybrid basis with the expectation to be in the office 2-3 days per week.
The successful candidate will report in to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for managing 1 x Procurement Officer and will be responsible for providing strategic procurement and contract management expertise to the organisation and will act as a primary focus for internal management teams in developing and implementing a world class procurement and contract management function while continually aiming to identify and maximise value for money (VfM). The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, developing and mentoring the Procurement Officer.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE:
- CIPS qualification or equivalent, full MCIPS would be advantageous
- Hands on experience working in a Procurement or Category Management position in the UK Public Sector
- Understanding of PCR2015 along with hands on experience running end to end Procurements via Open Procedure or using Government frameworks
- Understanding of the Housing and/or Construction sector would be advantageous
- Strong stakeholder management/relationship skills