Head of Procurement. Higher Education. London / remote (hybrid). £55,000 - £65,000
We're currently recruiting for a Head of Procurement position with a prestigious London-based University. They are Looking for an experienced Public Sector Procurement professional to head up their procurement function, taking ownership of the Procurement Strategy, Policy and Processes as well as playing a key role in the delivery of all procurement exercises. This is an ideal opportunity for a strong Senior Procurement Manager, or Procurement Manager, to take the next step in their career and gain experience at a "Head of" level.
Reporting straight to the Director Of Finance, the Head of Procurement will have overall responsibility for both the strategic and operational elements of the university's procurement requirement. This includes both the BAU procurement for the whole university as well as working on other projects, for example, a planned Capex project totalling around £40m in spend. They will be managing one member of staff, with the possibility for further hires in the future and taking over from an interim Head of Procurement, so although the role isn't truly Greenfield, there is a fantastic opportunity to make a Mark within the organisation and genuinely shape the function forward.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious procurement professional, with public sector experience, who understands various public sector routes to market as well as relevant regulations, such as PCR 2015. They do not necessarily need to have experience in a Head of the Procurement role, although line management experience and strategic leadership experience, for example, ownership of a high complexity category, is strongly desirable. Finally, they need to be an excellent communicator, capable of helping to build up the reputation of procurement within the business and articulating the nuance of procurement to various stakeholders
Key responsibilities of the Head of Procurement
- Ensure compliance through the development and maintenance of fit for purpose Procurement policies and procedures
- Provide expert procurement advice and guidance to stakeholders across the organisation
- Lead on in-house high-value or strategic procurements as required
- Oversee contracted-out procurements as required
- Manage an assistant Buyer
- Ensure the successful delivery of a variety of procurement services
- Strong knowledge of and experience with public sector regulations and routes to market
- Previous line management experience
- Experience developing procurement processes, policy and strategy
- CIPS level 6 (preferred)
You will get
- Up to £65,000
- Excellent University Pension
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Hybrid working model
Apply Now to be Considered!