£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
My client a well-known organisation in the university sector is seeking a Head of Procurement to head up the procurement function.
The ideal candidate will be preferably from an educational background with experience managing internal category experts as well as a procurement team. Your key role will be to continue to build relationships in the organisation, by elevating and developing the procurement function to drive value for money. You will be based in a fantastic location in central London working in a newly developed state of the art building.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the procurement team providing clear overall directions for the different category functions.
- To provide overall leadership and management for the operation and continuous movement of the procurement function.
- To manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders working collaboratively and proactively to advise the most suitable procurement route to effectively support the entire business.
You will have the following:
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Public sector background
- Ability to run the end to end tender process
- Experience in managing category specialist staff
- Proven commercial acumen, energetic and forward-thinking individual
- Ability to conduct market reviews of various categories of spend
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to engage and advise senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of Procurement concepts, policies, and procedures.
- Experienced in all Microsoft packages