Head of Procurement l Greenfield Role l Retail l East London / Home Working l £85,000
Cedar are currently working on an exciting greenfield Head of Procurement role for a well known UK retail Business. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong Senior Procurement Manager or Head of Procurement to make a tangible impact on the organisation setting up a centralised indirect procurement function from scratch. This is a permanent role and will involve a maximum of 2 days in the office per week with the rest being home working / remote work.
Reporting Directly into the Group Financial Controller, the Head of Procurement will be responsible for designing and implementing procurement strategy and policy and leading the procurement team on all indirect procurement activity. This will initially involve a comprehensive review and transformation of current spending including the portfolio of strategic contracts and the hiring of the rest of the members of the procurement team (initially one with scope for further hires).
Responsibilities of the Head of Procurement
- Design and implement procurement processes and strategy for the organisation
- Overall management of all indirect procurement activity
- Engage with stakeholders across the business to champion procurement
- Achieve year-on-year savings against budget
- Management of supplier base
- A strong background in indirect procurement
- Experience leading large scale procurement operations
- Multi-site procurement experience
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Line management (Ideal)
- Greenfield experience (Ideal)
Apply Now to be Considered!