£85000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Head of Internal Controls & Assurance
C£90,000 + benefits
FMCG Market Leader
This market leading, internationally renowned FMCG business has experienced both acquisitive and organic growth over the past 3 years. With exciting plans for growth in place, this dynamic organisation is about to embark on a significant and rapid expansion plan.
Several years of consistent success have come through the development of exciting innovations within its field and this business prides itself at being at the forefront of technological advances across the sector. International expansion plans remain on track and the organisation continues to bid for and win high profile contracts.
As a result of this continued success, the organisation has now created the new position of Head of Internal Controls & Assurance.
In this business critical position, leading a team and reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will;
- Play a key role in linking the activities of risk management, audit, programme assurance and change management to create a robust governance framework.
- Own the execution of controls improvements across the business
- Build an effective, flexible resource model to provide appropriate depth and breadth of skills to deliver the Internal Controls & Assurance plan.
- Lead and coach a talented and ambitious team
- Providing proactive advice to the business on risk management and controls to support the continuous improvement of the control environment.
- Own, develop and communicate the Group Finance Policy Manual including a minimum standard of internal controls
- Ensure the tracking and follow-up of management actions to address identified control gaps, including holding action owners accountable for delivery
- Work closely with Group Finance and Business Units to identify risks and mitigations, make appropriate recommendations, monitor, test and report progress of actions
- Work closely with legal, finance and relevant departments to monitor and report on key financial compliance issues
As a credible and emotionally intelligent Chartered Accountant you will have first class communications skills and demonstrably high levels of intellectual horsepower.
You will easily build cross-functional relationships, have proven experience of business partnering experience and providing financial process and technical accounting advice. You will either be an experience Senior Manager within Practice or in a similar role within Industry.
This is a high profile and critical hire which will play a key role in the continued success of this growing business.