£80000 - £120000 per annum
about 1 month ago
My high profile private sector organisation is looking for an inspirational and innovative leader with solid experience in managing Health and Safety in a high-risk, major infrastructure, construction and M&E environment. This role would suit a proactive and self-motivated person, someone who enjoys a fast paced and dynamic working environment and can constantly look for areas of change and improvement. You will set the strategic direction, policy, and systems in relation to health, safety, environmental management, security, quality and assurance and provide assurance to the executive board. You will lead on major strategic projects and offer expert advice to the business.
You will play a crucial role in health and safety leadership covering a wide-ranging remit that not only gives strategic advice to senior leaders and operational delivery teams, but also line manages compliance and sustainability managers. You will develop new ideas and equality throughout the supply chain, driving H&S performance beyond current industry best practice -covering trends, likelihoods and risks. This will be part of your everyday remit but naturally, you will have a wide knowledge of all aspects of health and safety including occupational health, equality, sustainability, and behavioural safety.
You should also have a professional qualification in Health and Safety or able to demonstrate the equivalent experience of a Chartered Member.
Key areas -
- Experience of managing all aspects of Health & Safety on high profile M&E/infrastructure projects
- Proven track record of leading teams in HSEQ in the Private Sector
- Tier 1/2 construction/engineering/M&E background
- Innovative leader with gravitas and presence
- Pragmatic approach
- Policy writing and strategy setting
- Communicate with the workforce to drive & deliver zero accident operations
- Expert advisor to senior exec team and wider business
- CMIOSH required