Our award winning consumer electronics organisation are looking for a Head of Global Customer Services to join their rapidly growing team. You will be a forward thinking individual with the ability to communicate at all levels and have overall responsibility for the performance and maintenance of the entire customer service offering and its development - into the new geographical regions that they are now covering. You will have previous experience ideally in customer service within consumer electronics or a similar market, and be a confident and clear communicator who is able to negotiate and setup new supplier contracts across the globe without supervision. You will hold full responsibility and direction for the customer service teams in both the U.K and the new geographical locations as they grow and develop with the organisational expansion.
Overall responsibility for the performance and maintenance of the customer service activities of the company and development into the new geographical regions that they are entering (U.S, Japan, Europe)
Management/hiring of a growing team of currently 15 people in Wales but expanding across other geographical territories through the use of agency (remote areas) or direct hires/employees.
Main Tasks/duties and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the performance and maintenance of the customer service activities across the organisation
- Meeting Customer Service Level targets for the team in terms of response timeliness and quality across the platforms of Email, Live Chat, Reviews and Telephone calls. Production of measured quantitative data to monitor and report accordingly.
- Efficient management of the teams in all geographical locations.
- Contributing towards the training and development/direction of the team
- Achieving maximum effectiveness of the Customer Support team in reducing product return rates, across all territories.
- Development of the Customer Support activities globally, in line with the company's growth strategy.
- Integration of the Customer Support function into the rest of the organisation, having a highly efficient interaction across the multiple touch points of website, retailers, direct customers, D2C business and returns process.
Day to day responsibilities for the team:
- Main interface between customer services department and rest of the organisation
- Maintain and improve mechanisms for surveying and measuring customer satisfaction and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
- Utilise CRM system to manage the function of receiving, assessing, analysing, resolving and documenting customers' issues and complaints in accordance with agreed requirements
- Development of plans for customer service activities to include customer management to achieve satisfaction targets
- Provide support to internal departments in relation to customer services and related issues
- Recruitment, training, setting of targets, appraise and manage performance, development, coaching and general support of all team members to ensure targets are met.
- Reporting on a monthly basis or as otherwise required to Senior Management
- Delegate authority and responsibility to team with supervision, accountability and review
- Manage and maintain contact with internal and external client/customers for feedback and to obtain client/customer satisfaction information
- Lead by example to team members on commitment, customer service knowledge, work ethics, best practice and integrity
- Maintain accurate customer service records
- From time to time you may be expected to contribute towards special projects that fall outside of your own department/team in order to support the business
- Responsibility to meet all customer service targets as agreed with the Technical Director
Required Areas -
- Degree educated or relevant qualification
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar senior role, operating nationally and globally
- Thorough understanding of Customer Services Management obligations, requirements and dynamics
- Ability to use computer software, Microsoft Office, Teams, reporting software etc.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Project Management skills