Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£38000 - £42000 per annum
28 days ago
Are you looking for a varied Head of Finance role?
Does having autonomy and oversight of a full finance function interest you?
Do you want to develop your career with the view to progress into a Director of Finance position in the next few years?
Looking for a flexible working pattern?
If so, this role could be for you!
Cedar are currently working with an inspiring organisation in the search for a new and permanent Head of Finance, on a part time basis, based in Hertfordshire. As the Head of Finance, you will use your years of experience to lead a small and dynamic finance team. You will be fully responsible for all aspects of financial management, the treasury function, statutory accounting and overseeing all policies and procedures. Key responsibilities also include:
- Leading on the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Submitting annual and monthly returns and deal with all tax and VAT queries.
- Managing the treasury function and development of the long-term cash flow.
- Supporting the production of the management accounts.
- Leading on the preparation of year end accounts and liaise with external auditors.
- Tracking and reviewing donations and fundraising income.
- Claiming additional income - specific to COVID-19.
- Supervising the monthly payroll and pension process.
- Developing finance processes and ensure systems are performing to the required standard
This successful candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA).
- A high level finance individual with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Experienced in the not for profit sector.
- Experienced leading on the year end process.
- Experienced leading on the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Knowledgeable of SORP.
- Confident in leading and managing people.
As a newly created opportunity, there is substantial scope to mould this role around the successful candidate's strongest qualities in order to add significant value to the team. If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV's will be reviewed daily.
Please note - this is a part time role.