Cedar is working exclusively with a leading award winning independent creative agency that has undergone extensive growth over the last five years.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Finance to take ownership of all financial matters and have a real commercial impact in the growth of the business. Reporting to the MD you will manage a small team and be responsible for management accountants, financial accounts, the bid process, WIP and all other related matters.
- Responsible for ensuring strong financial controls are in place and operating effectively, including robust balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors, accounting/tax advisors, payroll and banking partners.
- Balance sheet and P&L management.
- Support of month end close and management accounts reporting processes including analysis and commentary.
- Assist in the annual budget process & monthly forecast updates.
- Review projects to ensure correct set up of project classifications, budgets, and resource plans.
- Manage job closure process to ensure all jobs are closed in a timely manner.
- Assist account managers as needed on all client-related matters, project budgeting, and reporting.
- Monitor and analyze key financial metrics and indicators, providing insights and recommendations for performance improvement.
- Experience with VAT, including preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Provide strategic financial guidance to senior management to support decision-making and drive business growth.
- Streamline finance systems and implementation of new systems where appropriate.
- Manage ad-hoc financial projects, initiatives, and special assignments as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant would be preferable (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Media/Studio Production (strong WIP management experience) would be highly beneficial
- Experience of working in a senior finance position in an agency or other media business (e.g. publishing/advertising/brand consultancy/marketing/communications/events)
- Experience with Paprika would be highly beneficial
- Strong leadership and organisational skills, ability to challenge and bring improvements
- Commercial acumen with the ability to make solid commercial recommendations that aid growth in revenue and profitability