Cedar is currently partnered with a Private-Equity Backed Software business to help them secure an Interim Head of Finance. The role is to support the UK CFO and would be based in The City on an ad hoc basis. The role is a 6 month initial contract, paying a day rate between £550-600 on an Umbrella company basis.
This highly acquisitive business is at the cutting edge of their industry. Support from their Private Equity investors has enabled them to expand their operations into EMEA and APAC. They have an enviable portfolio of clients, a highly successful recurring revenue model and a track record of success.
As Interim Head of Finance, you will cover:
- Oversee and manage financial operations, including AP, AR, cash flow management, and financial controls.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial transactions, reconciliations, and month-end/quarter-end/year-end close processes.
- Partner with FP&A Manager to prepare and present monthly management accounts, budget vs. actual analysis, and financial forecasts.
- Monitor transfer pricing risks, perform periodic reviews, and provide guidance on transfer pricing implications of business transactions.
- Lead the integration of the recently acquired business, aligning their finance systems, processes and reporting with the wider group.
- Collaborate with IT and finance teams to enhance and optimize finance systems and reporting capabilities ensuring accuracy, reliability, and efficiency.
- Identify and implement system enhancements, automation, and process improvements to streamline financial workflows and reporting.
You will ideally have:
- A formal Accountancy Qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CA, etc).
- Experience within an acquisitive, fast-growth environment
- Experience with looking after day-to-day BAU finance processes, while balancing the requirements of integrating a new business.
- Business partnering experience to be able to operate cross-functionally with multiple service lines and departments.
- The rate of £550-600 per day represents either a logical increase in your rate or a similar level to your previous experience.
Compensation & Benefits
As well as the day rate of £550-600 per day this contract role as Interim Head of Finance, offers the chance to work alongside a team of talented professionals and contribute to the continued success of the firm.
The role offers exposure to a highly innovative, entrepreneurial business during a phase of expansion and development. You will lead integration efforts and make a significant impact on the overall development of the company. You will be able to partner directly with the CFO.
The business operates a progressive attitude to hybrid working, typically attending the office a few times per month.
Their highly impressive office in The City is within walking distance of multiple tube and rail stops.