Up to £85000 per annum + 15% bonus
4 days ago
Head of Commercial Finance - Telco - London - £85,000 + 15% bonus + corporate benefits
Cedar have been retained to find a Head of Commercial Finance for a well-known brand in the Telco sector, who have been heavily investing in the business and finance function following the appointment of a new Group CFO.
The business has been undergoing a finance transformation and a new Senior Leadership Team has been appointed by the new PE owners, with this new role being created to build and stabilise the newly restructured commercial finance function for the UK.
Reporting to a fast-tracked and impressive Director you will be managing the Commercial Finance team of Finance Business Partners for the UK business, a team of 3 qualified direct reports. You will be the lead Finance Business Partner to key members of the C-suite (CTO, CCO) as well as the UK MD covering the full spectrum of commercial finance including business cases, KPI tracking etc.
You will be tasked with improving the use of some great new systems that are being implemented, and also play a fundamental role in choosing and supporting the implementation of a new forecasting tool, such as Anaplan. This is a true leadership role, owning commercial finance for the UK and you will have everything at your disposal to build a real value add commercial finance function with the full support of the Group CFO and SLT.
The business is growing and expanding into new territories so there is scope for growth and career development as the team expands. They have a brilliant culture, an approachable, friendly and grounded Senior Leadership Team, and will have a good work-life balance post-pandemic with the opportunity for flexible working.
Essential experience you will need to be considered for this role:
- Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years PQE
- Telco experience is essential!
- Recent management experience of teams of 2+ direct reports in an FP&A or Commercial Finance team.
- Recent cross-functional business partnering experience up to C-Suite level
- Strong forecasting experience and technical knowledge around balance sheet, P&L and cash
- Hands-on and willing to be fully immersed in driving process and systems improvements across the UK team and possibly group wide, with some proven experience in this area
- Bonus up to 15%
- Pension 5% matched contribution
- Life Cover
- Annual Leave 25 days - increases to a maximum of 30 days with length of service