Cedar are supporting a Public Sector organisation who are looking to hire a Head of Category for their ICT & Digital category. This is a permanent role with a salary range of £65,000 up to £90,000 on offer plus additional benefits/perks. This role will operate mainly from home with the expectation to go in to the office 1-2 days per month for Team Meetings.
Reporting in to the Head of Procurement the successful candidate will become an active member of the organisations Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the ICT & Digital category team to ensure high standards of team performance and collaboration are achieved at all times. The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and oversight of delivery to the category and will act as a 'Category Expert' and support members of your team and wider key stakeholders where required. The successful candidate will lead/drive a high performing team while overseeing the implementation of a range of transformational activities which will drive improvements and build stronger relationships. The role will develop positive professional relationships and work collaboratively across the business to implement solutions that help to continually improve service offerings and deliver ongoing value.
Candidates applying MUST HAVE:
- MCIPS qualification or alternative comparable qualification
- Strong experience working in a similar role, covering roles in ICT & Digital Procurement and/or Category Management, in the UK Public Sector
- Strong understanding of Public Sector Procurement Regulations (PCR2015)
- Experience managing a team is required, ideally in a fast paced environment
- Understanding of Category Management principles and implementing Procurement/Sourcing strategies at a Regional or National level is required
- Experience of ICT and/or Digital procurement tools and processes is required given the focus of this role