Are you an ACA (any sized firm) looking for your first move? I am recruiting a Group Accountant for a growing manufacturing & trading business who have operations in almost 20 countries and boast revenues well in excess of £1bn. They are expanding both organically & via acquisition and are increasing their involvement in sourcing & recycling the metals that are driving the electrification of the planet.
Created by an internal promotion, the position of Group Accountant reports to the Group Financial Controller and, leading a team of three staff, will:
- Produce monthly group consolidated P&L and balance sheet with commentaries for the group and each business unit.
- Analyse monthly KPIs by business unit, division & group along with working capital analysis.
- Take a lead role in the quarterly forecasting & annual budgeting process.
- Review monthly & statutory accounts for the group's parent and holding companies.
- Undertake a wide range of ad hoc projects including preparing additional analysis for the Board, review operating company's controls / performance, assisting with due diligence / M&A and supporting new ventures.
The successful candidate for the position of Group Accountant will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA preferred - Top 50 firm) with some exposure to consolidations.
- Have good all-round accounts preparation / review skills covering a range of companies / sizes.
- Enjoy managing & developing staff and see it as a strength.
- Possess strong analytical & business partnering skills and be adept and presenting information.
- Be looking to progress into a more senior role within a relatively quick timescale.
Salary: c. £60000 + 20% bonus + benefits.