City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum + 10% bonus and benefits
8 months ago
A Media business in the heart of London is hiring for a Group Project Accountant to cover a high-profile role with influence across the business.
This hybrid Project Accountant role will give you exposure across the group, gaining both financial and analysis skills. Success in this role will progress into a Senior Finance Analyst position, which in turn has been a stepping stone in the past to Regional Finance Director for high performers. If you are looking to move into industry, or are unsatisfied with the progression in your role, then this is a real opportunity to fast track your career.
- Responsible for leading the implementation of new accounting standards for the group;
- Assisting the Group Financial Accountant with legal entity consolidation work;
- Own the group's financial procedures manual in compliance with US GAAP;
- Financial Modelling for potential acquisitions and subsequent due diligence;
- Financial accounting integration work for any newly acquired businesses;
- Research into US GAAP/IFRS areas relating to the group's activities;
- Review of the group's Sarbanes Oxley compliance database;
- Ad hoc detailed analysis and research projects for the CFO;
- Periodic control reviews and investigations at operating businesses (about twice a year).
The Project Accountant role would suit a qualified ACA with good financial reporting and controls knowledge with exposure to large businesses, someone with credibility to influence senior stakeholders, and who has strong Excel and analysis skills.
Skills required for this role:
- ACA/ACCA/CPA qualification gained in an accountancy practice
- Strong Financial Reporting knowledge of IFRS; US GAAP would be an advantage
- Able to influence senior stakeholders in the business
- Comfortable working in a large dynamic Media business
- Strong Excel and analysis skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP or Sarbanes Oxley would be an advantage