WHAT IS THE OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB?
The purpose of the role is to deliver on the Group's reporting / forecasting cycles which includes the management of the annual driver based budgeting and monthly rolling forecasts - ensuring insightful & accurate management information is presented in a clear way and on a timely basis to senior management and onwards to our shareholders (PE). The role requires the accurate and timely production, analysis and reporting of areas across the FP&A function, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work collaboratively to meet team objectives. The role is required to drive continuous improvement in the reporting and forecasting processes across the Group, evolving and adapting analysis to the requirements of the business.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The design and delivery of the various forecasting requirements that are active for the Group.
- Responsible for providing meaningful analysis for Monthly FP&A P&L and Cashflow forecasting.
- Review and improve current financial reporting and forecasting cycles - including working on the implementation of new tools and systems.
- Responsible for 'right first time' ad hoc analysis as required by the Group Head of FP&A / Group Finance Director.
- Collaborate with FP&A team members to deliver challenge and analysis of Business unit and regional performance.
- Ad hoc support to the Group FP&A manager and Group Head of FP&A which will include performance management related issues linked to the monthly or forecasting cycles.
- Commercially minded and able to focus on the areas which really matter when assessing the Group's financial performance (both actual and projected).
CURRENT ENVIRONMENT AND FUTURE POTENTIAL:
Our client is a leading automotive group that have grown year on year through acquisitions and organic growth culminating in today's business that spans 34 countries, 25,000 FTE, serving 16.5 million customers with a focus on service quality which generates very high levels of customer satisfaction. Group revenues in 2020 were c.4bn Euros.
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with significant post-qualified experience.
- Experience of working in large, complex international businesses.
- FP&A experience working in multi-national, multi-currency Groups
- Worked with senior levels of a major finance function in the past
- High level of financial & accounting acumen
- IT literate with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Proactive self-starter who is data output driven and can deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to challenge/question commercial assumptions in an effective way.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills to gather information from disparate sources to identify trends/gaps and build alternative solutions to business challenges
- Highly developed Financial Modelling skills.