Group Financial Controller
Circa £145,000 + benefits
Central London/Working from Home Hybrid
Consumer Facing Sector (Leisure/ Retail/ Entertainment)
This market leading, rapidly growing, £2bn+ revenue global business engages with consumers around the world.
It has revolutionised its sector, giving customers an unrivalled luxury experience as they engage with its best-in-class high end products and services.
Having made several acquisitions over the past 5 years with more in the pipeline, this agile and fantastically dynamic business is taking its next step of development and maturity.
As part of that journey, the business has created the new role of Group Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director and leading a sizeable, multi-location team via your highly talented and experienced direct reports, the role will include:
- Leading the Group Accounting and local Entity Accounting teams through Europe and USA which manage over 70 global subsidiary and associated entities.
- Overseeing the preparation of the Group's quarterly and annual consolidated IFRS financial statements for external reporting and more regular management reporting.
- Owning the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting calendar, ensuring proper communication of responsibilities and deadlines throughout the teams, managing the various team leaders to ensure consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting.
- Proactively managing any developments in IFRS and ensuring the group is consistently up to date in its accounting policies and adoption of such standards and being the lead on complex accounting issues.
- Lead the introduction of new acquisitions into the reporting process.
- Preparing adhoc reports on matters relevant to the business as may be required from time to time by the Group Finance Director, members of the Executive Committee etc
- Driving the ongoing improvement of financial reporting controls and processes.
- Leading and developing the Group Accounting and Local Entity teams, including short-term and long-term objective setting, and ensuring it is adequately resourced.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Experience of managing the Group financial reporting process.
- Large, multi-entity and multi-currency experience.
- Strong understanding of IFRS reporting requirements and interpretation of new standards.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to lead multiple global teams to deliver against tight reporting deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Team player who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organisation, taking ownership and demonstrating initiative.
- Being prepared to get into the detail where needed and supporting/coaching team members.
- Possess an inquisitive and analytical mindset and be able to understand the commercial and operational side of the business and relate it to the financial performance and metrics that are being reported.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders, including the Exec.
- Experience working with ERP financial systems (SAP ERP desirable but not essential).