A Group Financial Controller is sought by an ambitious professional services firm who have recently received significant external investment. They aim to quadruple in size to become a >£100m business within the next few years and have commenced a focused growth and acquisition strategy - with a national focus - to enable them to do this. The firm is founded on a positive work environment and a culture of delivery to both staff & clients and they aim to keep this ethos at the forefront as they grow.
The role of Group Financial Controller has been created specifically to support their plans and will report into the Group Finance Director. Responsibilities will include:
- Own day-to-day financial reporting and financial control of the group.
- Track & analyse performance against budget, KPIs (inc cash flow, utilisation) and strategic objectives.
- Work with the Group FD to prepare annual budgets and forecasts for the group.
- Maintain (group) financial forecasts, including supporting M&A activity and investment appraisal.
- Integrate newly acquired business into the group; ensure controls & processes are fit for purpose.
- Oversee, manage and develop the finance team.
- A huge range of ad hoc projects to support a business with ambitious, yet realistic, growth plans.
The ideal candidate for the post of Group Financial Controller will:
- Be a full qualified accountant (experience in professional services / a people business a slight plus).
- Seek a varied role in a fast-paced environment where you'll need to embrace change & growth.
- Enjoy budgeting & forecasting and working with systems to improve the accuracy of these.
- Have the ability to build excellent relationship with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Be genuinely excited to be able to join a business at a seminal point in their existence.
Salary: £80000 - £100000 + benefits.