EXCLUSIVE ROLE: I am supporting a Private Equity backed technology group with their search for a Group Financial Controller. The company have successfully designed, marketed & launched a cutting edge consumer tech product which has quickly become a market leader across several global markets. They have developed additional products for launch throughout 2023 and aim to sell the business in the next 2-3 years.
This is a unique opportunity to gain invaluable experience in a fast-paced Private Equity environment at a number two level whilst supporting a proven, experienced CFO who is keen to develop others.
The Group Financial Controller will enjoy the following responsibilities:
- Lead, manage & develop the reporting team (5 staff); support the wider FP&A team when required.
- Provide an accurate & timely month-end close process with reconciliations, analysis & commentary.
- Oversee all aspects of compliance; e.g. audit, tax, monthly returns to funders, statutory accounts.
- Deliver weekly cash-flow reporting to the Board and other key stakeholders.
- Develop a scaleable set of internal control processes that can be applied on a global scale.
- Maintain standard stock costs; ensure stock issues are managed promptly with retail / wholesale partners.
- A broad range of ad hoc projects including supporting refinancing activity.
The ideal candidate for the position of Group Financial Controller will:
- Be a hands-on qualified accountant who wishes to work in a fast-paced, international PE environment.
- Ideally possess a background in consumer products (e.g. retail, wholesale, FMCG or related).
- Evidence sound problem solving & analytical skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proven staff management & development skills.
- Be commercially aware and confident when liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
Salary: £80-95k + bonus + equity + benefits.