Up to £120000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Group Financial Controller
C£120,000 + benefits
Multi-site Leisure Sector
This listed market-leading, multi-site leisure business has delivered consistently rapid growth with a 50% increase in share price over the past two years. It has done so through organic expansion, acquisitions and driving exciting innovation across the sector that is changing how we spend our leisure time.
The business' ambitious expansion plans remain on track and it continues to open new sites across the UK. To facilitate this continued success, it now is seeking to strengthen its management team by recruiting a strong Group Financial Controller.
As the right hand person to the CFO, you will;
- Create and enhance a strong and robust financial controls environment, analysing the current state, identifying improvement opportunities and executing efficiencies
- Own all external reporting, technical accounting, tax and treasury
- Oversee the delivery of transactional processes
- Lead a team, identifying skills gaps and coaching individuals to their maximum potential
- Own the development of the financial systems, creating the methodology to maximise functionality
- Own the external relationship, preparing the annual audit information and acting as first point of contact for the audit advisors
- Provide financial support on ad-hoc projects including investment cases, corporate development activities and acquisitions
- Support the CFO in developing the vision and strategy for the finance team
As a highly credible and emotionally intelligent chartered accountant, you will have first class communications skills and demonstrate significant levels of intellectual horsepower. You will also have in-depth technical accounting knowledge, combined with practical experience of financial control within a divisional or group PLC environment.
With experience of creating and leading a best in class finance function, you will easily be able to build cross-functional relationships and display a transparent track record of adding value.
This is a high profile and critical hire which will play a crucial role in the continued growth of this fast paced, hands-on, values driven organisation.