City of London, London
£140000 - £150000 per annum + LTIP + Bonus
6 months ago
Group Financial Controller
£150,000 + LTIP + Bonus
PE backed Software company
This market leading disruptor is proving to be immensely popular across the investor community with another year of substantial growth and success forecast for 2020 and beyond. The time to join is now, with exciting products and client wins being rolled out to re-enforce a market leading position.
As part of the ongoing international growth of the business it is now seeking a dynamic Group Financial Controller to play a key role in providing financial guidance to the leadership team.
Reporting to the CFO and leading a talented team, you will:
- Own financial planning, financial control, financial and management reporting together with the management of relevant external (regulatory) relationships including banks, tax authorities and auditors
- Coach and develop a team of talented individuals to improved performance and behaviours, ensuring clarity of purpose, development plans are in place and a collaborative and supportive team environment is sustained
- Implement a transparent and rigorous financial control structure, ensuring a 'no surprises' reporting environment
- Manage the month-end process and reporting cycles, including forecasts and monthly management information
- Drive improved yet simplified data insight through the organisation, partnering business heads where necessary and helping to facilitate a transparent understanding of business performance
- Deliver improved management information and developing new reports and models that are appropriate for non-finance stakeholder consumption
- Provide insight, analysis and recommendations in relation to performance assessment and improvement, financial sustainability, and investment cases
- Managing tax risk and develop tax strategies
- Overall ownership of complex billing and transfer pricing issues
- Take the existing financial function and continue the automation and simplification of the structure
- Oversee the consolidation of the monthly/annual results incorporating overseas entities
- Provide ongoing risk and opportunity assessments of the business, including full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance and advising on future corporate activity, i.e. acquisitions or divestments
As a highly credible senior finance professional with impressive levels of gravitas and intellectual horsepower, you will be outgoing and capable of translating complex financial information into readily digestible insight for senior management.
With a hands-on approach to a rapid growth environment, you will have demonstrable experience of having successfully implemented a best practice financial control environment.
Whilst experience of working within a PE backed environment and a relevant sector would be preferred, to be successful in this role you must have experience of working within an international, corporate best practice, fast paced and agile business where you will have coached a team to enhanced performance and executed measurable business improvement.
Personality and behaviours are a key element for the successful candidate. Humility, business acumen, first class communication skills, attention to detail and a confidence in your own ability are pre-requisite if you are to excel within this exciting business.