City of London, London
Up to £140000.00 per annum + LTIP + Bonus
2 months ago
Group Financial Controller
£140,000 + LTIP + Bonus
This establised Technology sector disruptor is proving to be immensely popular across the investor community with yet another year of substantial growth and success forecast for 2020. The time to join is now, with exciting products being rolled out and multiple capex projects underway to re-enforce a market leading position.
As part of the ongoing growth of the business it is now seeking a dynamic Group Financial Controller to play a key role in providing financial guidance to the leadership team.
Reporting to the CFO and leading a talented team, you will:
- Implement a transparent and rigorous financial control structure, ensuring a 'no surprises' reporting environment
- Manage the month-end process and reporting cycles, including forecasts and monthly management information
- Drive improved yet simplified data insight through the organisation, partnering business heads where necessary and helping to facilitate a transparent understanding of business performance
- Deliver improved management information and developing new reports and models that are appropriate for non-finance stakeholder consumption
- Provide insight, analysis and recommendations in relation to performance assessment and improvement, financial sustainability, and investment cases.
- Take the existing financial function and continue the automation and simplification of the structure
- Oversee the consolidation of the monthly/annual results incorporating overseas entities
- Provide ongoing risk and opportunity assessments of the business, including full accountability for ensuring robust corporate governance and compliance and advising on any future corporate activity, i.e. acquisitions or divestments
- Coach and develop the team, ensuring clarity of purpose, development plans are in place and a collaborative and supportive team environment is sustained
As a highly credible finance professional with impressive levels of gravitas, intellectual horsepower and technical accounting knowledge, you will have demonstrable experience of owning an end-to-end finance function, having successfully implemented a best practice financial control environment.
With a natural hands-on approach to a rapid growth environment, you will easily demonstrate the skills and behaviours to operate at ground level in a shirt sleeves rolled up capacity and simultaneously able to provide high level guidance and leadership.
Whilst experience of working within a PE backed environment would be preferred, to be successful in this role you must have experience of working within a corporate best practice, fast paced and agile business where you will have coached a team to enhanced performance and executed measurable business improvement.
Personality and behaviours are a key element for the successful candidate. Humility, business acumen, first class communication skills, attention to detail and a confidence in your own ability are pre-requisite if you are to excel within this exciting business.