I'm recruiting a Group Financial Accountant with a difference; this role has NO responsibility for producing consolidated accounts or month-end reporting! It'll still use your accounting / IFRS skills, but in a much more analytical way.
The client is a particularly fast-growing global City-based business who have grown both organically and by acquisition over the past decade to boast revenues approaching £2bn. They have significant additional available funding and this is therefore an excellent time to join them as they continue to make major acquisitions and expand into new markets.
The newly created position of Group Financial Accountant will ultimately sit under the Group Head of Finance who is a particularly impressive individual and a reason to join. In addition to significant ad hoc work, the main duties of this project-based role include:
- Prepare accounting papers for transactions (M&A / financing / structuring / hedging etc…)
- Develop and maintain Group Accounting Policy; liaise with auditors, make recommendations.
- Conduct quarterly post-acquisition reviews (e.g. review acquisition accounting / goodwill, capitalisation of costs etc)
- Provide general accounting support to M&A / Corporate Finance activity; prepare initial journals as required.
- Implement suitable controls to ensure all legal entity reporting / papers are correct.
- A range of ad hoc projects to support the growth of the company
Key candidate requirements for the Group Financial Accountant role.
- Qualified accountant (ideally a qualified ACA who has worked / is working within a Top 6 practice).
- Prior exposure, in practice or commerce, to consolidations and / or accounting policy and / or transaction support.
- Desire to take on early responsibility and work with a wide cross-section of finance & non-finance stakeholders.
- Thrives on cerebral challenges, enjoys problem solving and being resourceful.
- £65000 - £68000 base salary
- 10-15% bonus (expected payout level)
- 10% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- 26 days holiday
- Excellent other benefits